CFF continuously seeks innovative ways to partner with the community in order to continue the great work we do. We strive to be flexible for our families, but also for our supporters. We understand many donors have their own reasons for giving – as well as a variety of resources they wish to share with us – and we do our best to honor that. If you would like to make a monetary donation to support CFF and those we serve, please:
- To make a secure online donation with your credit card: Click here to Donate
- or send us a check: Please mail your check made out to “Center for Fathers and Families” to 920 Del Paso Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95815
- or you may also support CFF through your United Way contribution by designating #5773
Our families often struggle with basic necessities. We serve 2,500 local youth through our MASTERS after school program. Donations of any of the following are always appreciated and needed:
- Backpacks and school supplies (paper, pencils, calculators, notebooks, etc.)
- Gift cards to local grocery stores or retail outlets like Target or WalMart
- Warm winter supplies, including new coats, blankets, socks
- Tickets for local cultural & sporting events
- New/gently used board games – Sorry, Connect 4, Checkers, etc.
- Art supplies (clay, crayons, colored pencils, paper, sidewalk chalk, etc.)
- Incentives – pencils, stickers, erasers, etc.
- Books, flashcards, and educational puzzles/workbooks (grade level 1-8)
- New, unwrapped toys for our families over the holiday season
To make an in-kind donation, please contact Julie Smith, Development Director @ Julie@cffsacramento.org or call (916) 568-3237 extension 204
Holiday Giving FAQ’s:
The holiday season can be a challenging time for struggling families. We like to help by connecting regional companies, clubs and individuals with a family or child they can “adopt” for the holidays.
1. Who do you give gifts to?
The Center for Fathers and Families identifies families from our Parent Center programs who could use extra help around the holidays. We also enable groups and companies to ‘adopt’ children from our MASTERS after school program.
2. Can I meet the child or family that I adopt?
For privacy reasons, we cannot promise that you will meet the family or child you have adopted. Sometimes, we are able to arrange a brief meeting with the parent of a family, but this is rare. We do take photos of the families when possible, and, if the family gives permission, we are happy to share photos with gift donors.
3. What items should I buy?
We will provide you with a basic description of your adopted child or family, including their “wish list”. Gift certificates to grocery stores and stores such as Target or Walmart always work well. Non-perishable food baskets and/or grocery store gift cards are perfect.
4. When do you need gifts by?
We need Thanksgiving donations by November 18, 2016 and Holiday gifts by December 17, 2016 (but special arrangements may be made for gifts that arrive later). Holiday donations may be delivered to our office at 920 Del Paso Boulevard weekdays from 9am – 4pm, or arrangements may be made for pick-up.
5. Can I just donate money for you to use toward holiday giving?
Yes. If it is easier for you to make a monetary donation, CFF staff will take care of the shopping for your adopted family.
If you can help, or if you have questions, please contact our Development Director at Julie@cffsacramento.org or by phoning (916) 568-3237 x204